There is no universal battery that fits all models. Laptop batteries are model- and brand-specific. Pairing the right battery for the right model laptop is essential. A Dell battery will not suit a HP laptop. On the same lines, an Acer laptop needs an Acer battery. Between models of the same brand, at times, the same battery is compatible. With intensive usage, there is a need to replace batteries. When you buy laptop batteries, make sure that you note the date of manufacture.
It is easy to find suitable laptop batteries online. Refine your search based on the brand and laptop model you own. It’s always best to buy branded batteries. This makes sure that you are covered by a warranty.
Tips to extend the life of your laptop battery
While making use of the laptop, you are required to follow a few tips given by the experts, so as to make your laptop battery long lasting. Some of the tips given by the experts are listed below:
- Try to keep the programs to a minimum. It is considered that every program opened drains the battery a little more.
- Cut down on external devices like a mouse, USB devices. Also, using Wi-Fi also drains your battery, so turn it off, when you are not using it, in order to save power.
- Clean the battery contacts. It is suggested that you should take out your battery after every 6 months and clean the contacts that are connected to your laptop. You can clean a battery by making use of a cloth along with rubbing alcohol.
- You can also open power options of your laptop and change its settings like maximum battery, supper energy saver or any other forms of it. But you can choose any of the options that all of them used to perform the same task.
- It is suggested that if you used to choose standby option, then you should make choice for the hibernate option. This is because; hibernate fully shuts down the laptop, but also allows it to resume the work as an when it is turned on.